10 Gifts To Give Your Children For Christmas That Do Not Cost Money
- Write your child a letter and describe their most admirable attributes with exemplary examples from the year. The letter should convey sincere admiration and most of all LOVE. (I Corinthians 13:4-8)
- Create a Self-Esteem Tree out of construction paper (or draw it), and on each leaf, write something positive about your child. Display it in the home. “Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.” (Proverbs 16:24)
- Create a CD of Christian Music that will influence and empower your child. (Proverbs 11:14) http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/
- Create a decorative Gift Certificate and give your child the gift of fixing an old toy, or cleaning out a playroom, or giving a back rub. . . choose something that is meaningful to your child. (2 Corinthians 9:7)
- Create a 2013 memory collage for your child. Include pictures of special events, awards, accomplishments, fun times . . . (1 Thessalonians 3:6).
- Create a Journal of Life’s Lessons that you wish to impart on your children as they grow. Make a deadline for each life lesson and let the teaching begin! (Proverbs 1)
- Create a Peaceful Place in your home for prayer and quiet time. Pray, The Model Prayer (Matthew 6:9-15), and A Psalm of David (Psalm 23) with your children daily.
- Determine how your child best receives love by learning about Love Languages at 5lovelanguages.com. Make a commitment in writing on red heart shaped paper and deliver love in their language on a regular basis. (Psalm 139: 13-14).
- Make a Dream Box. Decorate a shoe box with things that remind you of your child. Inside the box, place index cards with questions to encourage them to dream. For example, if you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? What do you hope to be when you grow up? What is something you would love to do one day? What is a special gift you would really like to have one day? Encourage them to read the cards regularly and picture the dream coming true. “If I meditate on it, I will become successful.” (Joshua 1:8).
- Create a Treasure Board on Pinterest.com . Include pictures of their projects, work samples, cute things they have said or done, and anything that will show them how much you treasure them. “Behold, children are a gift of the Lord.” (Psalm 127:3)
Julie Discenza © 2012
Julie Ayn Discenza LMFT # 92632
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.